Friday 4 November 2011

Friday, Nov 4-Rudesheim to Koblenz or Castles yeah!!!

Today's trek was Rudesheim to Koblenz in the morning down the Rhine.  It's all a Unesco protected area so no bridges are built between the two across the Rhine.  There were tons of castles, keeps and more.  I think I must have taken 72 pics in the morning alone.  The weather was breezy but it was so great being up top for the whole morning.  In the afternoon, Mum and I took the trip to Marksburg Castle which is a fortress above the town of Braubach.  It has never been destroyed and is a maze of small doorways, archers slits and moats.  It was great and tons of pics however, it really tested the legs as the walk up would have been good for mountain sheep.

Evening was another great meal and a display of dancing by some local Moselle Folklore dancers.  Lots of fun but I have come to realize that I must cut back on the desserts or they will be rolling me off the ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment